To solve today’s most pressing development and sustainability challenges, academics need to work with industry, government and the public to build trust, design appropriate solutions and scale their uptake. The Transforming Systems through Partnership (TSP) programme achieves this by catalysing partnerships between universities, large companies, SMEs and startups to address sustainable development goals.
Run by the Royal Academy of Engineering and supported by the International Science Partnership Fund, the programme is delivered in partnership with leading innovation agencies, universities and research institutions in six countries (Colombia, India, Jordan, South Africa, Thailand & Turkey) and UK academic institutions.
The Transforming Systems through Partnership (TSP) programme has three core objectives:
- promote challenge-led research and innovation that uses engineering to address sustainable challenges in partner countries, the UK and globally;
- establish partnerships in course design and delivery that equip the next generation with skills to address sustainable development challenges;
- facilitate collaboration and knowledge exchange that creates a strong evidence base for building better systems for the world we want to live in.
We have previously funded projects in the following areas:
- Sustainable food, land, water & oceans
- Health & wellbeing
- Digital revolution for sustainable development
- Education, gender & inequality
- Sustainable cities and communities
You can view case studies for each of these areas as well as further case studies below.
Download the case studies from awardees funded by the Industry-Academia Partnership Programme
Our international partnership work helps develop and promote the UK's global position in engineering and innovation. We also work to enhance international engineering leadership in addressing global…